NSR Formula 86/89
19/06/2022 to 31/12/2022
Eligible cars: NSR Formula 86/89
Cars must remain standard apart from the following allowable changes:
- Any colour NSR chassis can be used and can be painted black for aesthetic purposes.
- Chassis can have grub screws installed in the provided holes to allow adjustment of front axle ride height/vertical travel.
- Any black NSR F1 rubber tyre can be used front/rear, but must fit the 13mm rims correctly and must have the NSR writing intact on at least one sidewall. Varnishing/glazing of front tyres is not permitted.
- Tyres can be glued/trued, but front wheel/tyre must retain a minimum overall diameter of 16mm.
- Rear wheels can be any of the following:
- NSR-5021 (standard 13×10)
- NSR-5027 (13×10)
- NSR-5022 (13×13)
- NSR-5026 (13×13)
- Any inline NSR crown wheel is permitted.
- Any inline NSR 9t or 10t pinion is permitted.
- Any NSR guide is permitted.
- Unpainted bodies are not permitted regardless of colour.
- Weight can be added, but this must be firmly secured to the inside of the body only.
- Drivers helmet can be replaced with any full face/closed visor item, however this must be to scale.
- As the nature of the primary function of the traction magnet is irrelevant at Molesey, it can be retained or removed.
- The toothed part of the crown wheel can be run on either side of the car.
- The motor can be fitted either way up.
- Spacers/axle stoppers can be used to adjust the front/rear track of the car out to a maximum overall width of 67mm.
- Motor mount can be secured to the chassis with 3 or 5 mounting points.
- NSR suspension kits are permitted.
- Body/motor mount screws can all be run loose, but should be secured so they don’t fall onto the track.
The following components are deemed free choice: braids, lead wire, all screws, eyelets, axles, axle spacers/stoppers.