Crash & Burn
- Open practice will end at 8:00pm when the track power will be switched off.
- The Crash & Burn Challenge will start shortly after 8:00pm.
- The format will be one timed lap using the same car for every driver.
- A car (any type is acceptable as long as it runs) must be supplied voluntarily by any member.
- Each driver uses the same lane which will be decided by the race controller.
- Each driver will use the same club-supplied controller.
- The car’s tyres will be cleaned at the start of each stint by the race controller.
- The car is placed on the track in front of race control.
- The car is driven (at speed) to complete one flying lap and will then be stopped back at race control (two laps in total).
If the car crashes during the timed lap, zero points will be awarded to that driver. No second attempt is allowed.
This will be a separate points-scoring competition.
- Zero points for any driver who crashes.
- Twenty points for the slowest driver and then points increasing by two for each faster driver.
- Maximum points go to the fastest driver.